Frequently Asked Bankruptcy Questions (FAQ)
The following groups of bankruptcy questions are listed in order of their popularity on this site.
Questions are listed in order of popularity within groups.
Have a Personal Question?
Get a Free, No-Obligation Consultation with a Trustee
- How Long Will I Be Bankrupt in Halifax?
- How much will it cost to go bankrupt in Halifax?
- Does Filing for Bankruptcy in Halifax Affect My Spouse?
- What is a Consumer Proposal?
- I’m considering Separation or Divorce. What do I need to know?
- What happens to my debts when I go bankrupt in Halifax?
- Can I Include My Tax Debts in Bankruptcy?
- How does personal bankruptcy work?
- What happens to student loan debt?
- What is Surplus Income?
- What are the steps in filing bankruptcy?
- How is Surplus Income Calculated?
- What is Bankruptcy Anyway?
What Will I Keep and Lose in Canadian Bankruptcies?
- What Happens To My House When I File Bankruptcy?
- Can I keep my assets When Filing Bankruptcy in Halifax?
- Can I Keep my car if I go Bankrupt?
- What are the bankruptcy exemptions?
Life after Bankruptcy
- Who will know about my bankruptcy?
- What are the bankruptcy laws in Halifax?
- What Are the Causes of Bankruptcy?
Licensed Insolvency Trustees
- What is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee?
- What can I expect from my initial (free) consultation with a Trustee?
- What questions should I ask my trustee before filing for bankruptcy?
- How do I choose a Licensed Insolvency Trustee?
Avoiding Bankruptcy With Bankruptcy Alternatives
- Why is a consumer proposal often better than bankruptcy?
- What happens if I file a second time for bankruptcy in Halifax?
- Why Is Preparing a Budget Before Filing Bankruptcy Important?
- What Bankruptcy Alternatives Are Available to Me?
- Can I avoid bankruptcy with a Personal Proposal?
- What’s the consumer proposal debt limit?
- What should I do If I cannot afford payments agreed upon in a proposal?